News & Events
October 1 is the start of Domestic Violence Awareness/Action Month, or #DVAM2018! This month, we’ll be sharing information about domestic violence in our communities and asking you to commit to #1thing to help end violence. Please help us spread awareness and encourage action by sharing these posts and ideas with your circles.
Events planned for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
First Friday Event…Art Show, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm, Grace Ridge Brewing, 3388 B Street, Homer, AK
Meet & Greet…8:00 am – 10:00 am, K-Bay Caffe’, 378 E. Pioneer Ave., Homer, AK
Meet & Greet…4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Ulmers Drug & Hardware, 3858 Lake St., Homer, AK
Meet & Greet…4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Alibi Bar & Grill, 453 E. Pioneer Ave., Homer, AK
- ‘Break the Silence’ video premieres at MAPP meeting
- Girls on the run: from a 5K to life goals
- Haven House works to make community safer place for all
- Seeing green: Program aims to create cultural shift in attitude toward violence
- Wells Fargo presents checks to nonprofits
- 2013 Women of Distinction Awards
- Ski for Women benefits Haven House, provides fun way to enjoy winter
- Domestic violence survivor shares her journey to peace
Stay tuned for more news links!